Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Clutterholic's Lament

I am attempting to recover from a life long habit of cluttering/hoarding.  In this blog I will share  my known pitfalls and some lessons I have learned.  Basically what has worked and what didn't work.


How will this blog stand apart from the many books, articles,organizational programs about cluttermania?  I will be taking you, as it were into the very depths of  my experience. I am, just like some of you, stuck in the mire, quicksand of clutter taking over my life.  Just as this blog is a work in progress, so is my recovery from this illness/personalty quirk.


Since I have not chosen to go the "personal organizer route", as is the popular trend at present, I'm winging it alone and with some of my readers' assistance.  I want this to be an interactive blog.  Your comments and tips will be most welcome and eagerly accepted by this writer and possibly other readers.


Since this is a program of honesty and bearing all as it were;  there will be photos of some of the chaos and clutter in my home.  I will also share my victories and successes and also my failures/relapses.

My objective is to not only have a clutter free and organized place  but also to have a clutter free and restful mind.
Now I realize that this may seem like a tall order; but if you don't dream big you will never reach big goals.


How many you have said in the past, after a major clean up, "it will never happen again."  "From now on I will put things away where they belong" If I could just start all over again, have a fresh start, I would keep my place neat and clutter free".  "When  I have my own place, with more space, I will keep my new place clutter free and organized." 

I did start off in my new place with the finest of intentions.  The first week, I contacted California Closets and had a custom built closet organizer installed.  There is a place for sweaters, shoes, purses. skirts and tops and even a partitioned sock drawer.  This should have and would have worked but I had/still have too much of everything.  The purse shelves filled up and had to spill over to the shelves meant for store shoes.  The truth of the matter is I have too many of everything!  ....I haven't even touched on my crammed bookshelves!


You the readers and fellow/lady (gotta be politically correct here) sufferers will take this journey with me, sharing our sorrows and our joys together.

Together we will conquer this malady!









No comments:

Post a Comment